Recreational & Squad Information
All the classes are taught by highly trained B.G.A. Coaches and help is given by older squad members and B.G.A. assistant club coaches, with a maximum of eight children per group.
The aim of the classes is to encourage the child to explore their physical ability in a safe and fun environment. To help build confidence, co-ordination, balance, strength, suppleness and fitness.
Gymnastic for all classes1 Hour 4 - 16 years
- This is the first class the children come into.
- We teach basic gymnastics skills to gain body awareness, strength, suppleness, co-ordination, balance and confidence on all apparatus.
- The children work towards the B.G.A. badge scheme and can take part in our Club Championships and Shows.
- The children can be selected from this class to go into one of our more advanced classes.
Advanced Class1.5 hours 7 - 16 years
- As above but with more self discipline and perfection of skills, including extra conditioning and stretch.
- This group are encouraged to take part in local County or Regional floor and vault competitions.
- This class can also lead to being selected for the Display Team or Acrobatics Squad.
Mini Squad Class1.5 to 3 hours per week 4 - 6 years
- These children are selected from our pre-school or younger recreational classes.
- They are taught along with the advanced class to prefect their gymnastics basic skills and work on good body preparation.
- The one and half hour class can lead to three hours a week and onto our Display Team or increase to six hours a week at six years which could then lead to our Acrobatic Squad by the age of seven years old.
Display Team Class2.5 to 7 hours 7 - 18 years
- These gymnasts learn more advanced skills and somersaults.
- They take part in County and Regional Competitions.
- Perform Local, National and International Displays
- Work in both Individual and Team disciplines.
- These gymnasts have the possibility of a transfer from this group to our Acrobatic and Tumble Squad.
- We are also looking to have a more advanced group training twice a week. These gymnasts would be selected from this group.
Acrobatic Squad8 - 12 hours per week 7+ years
- The gymnasts work either in pairs (men's, women's, or mixed) or within women's or men's groups.
- They perform both balance and dynamic moves to music, which includes dance, leaps, jumps and spins.
- Tumble is also worked for routines and for tumble competitions using our tumble track.
- The gymnasts learn to work as a team and trust and rely on each other.
- The gymnasts learn self discipline and concentration.
- The squad take part in mostly Regional competition with the aim of reaching National Finals.
- Some of our Elite gymnasts have goals of being selected for the National Squad and representing Great Britain.